Fender 2011 American Standard Stratocaster
Electric Guitar - Black, Rosewood Neck Clearance
- Copper Infused High Mass 100% Metal Bridge Block
- New Bent Steel Saddles with Elongated String Slots
- Thinner Undercoat Finish for Improved Body Resonance
- Moulded Fender/SKB Case with TSA Locks, Nylon Latches, and Fitted Plush Interior
1 In Stock
16:37:32 left to get it on Friday!
Was £1,282.80, Save £403.79! Now £879
Buy now & get Free Next Working Day Delivery
Buy today & earn 879 Loyalty Points worth £8.79
Buy now & get free Next Working Day delivery (within UK Mainland)
No Hassle Returns
7 Day "No Quibble" returns policy as standard
Here is the new range of upgraded and enhanced American Standard Stratocasters that were released at the 2008 Winter NAMM show in Anaheim,California. They have several new features and amendments and this is represented with a slight price increase over and above the previous version of this particular model.
Ok, so let's get down to the nitty gritty - what extra features do you get for your money? Well, there are 4 major new design features and two new cosmetic paint options. The new features are as follows :-
· A new bridge with improved bent-steel saddles and a copper-infused high-mass block for increased resonance and sustain.
· A new neck treatment?tinted for a richer presentation, with the Maple or Rosewood fingerboard buffed to a high gloss, whilst the back of the neck still has that silky satin finish.
· A thinner finish undercoat that lets the body breathe and improves resonance.
· A new Fender-exclusive SKB moulded case with improved ruggedness to the styling that gets a little closer to a flight case type design.
· The new paint options are Sienna Sunburst and Blizzard Pearl ...ga0
- Brand: Fender
- Right / Left Handed: Right Handed
- Colour: Black
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- MPN: 011-0400-706
- EAN: 717669625597
Firstly, this guitar now feels very luxurious to the hands, the work that the guys at Fender have done to add a satin feel to the neck really does enhance the playing experience. It's kinda like sitting on a hard chair in a doctors waiting room and then flopping on an expensive squidgy sofa that enfolds itself around your body shape ... the new upgraded Strat feels that good to play ...
The marketing documentation claims that the bridge has been re-worked to enhance the sustain of the instrument and after playing this guitar for a while I have to admit there is a slight yet subtle improvement in the natural sustain of the guitar. This is a great Strat and shows all the classic Strat characteristics from Country Twang to growling Delta Blues ...
In my humble opinion, the upgraded features of this guitar are subtle, but absolutely worth the extra money you'll pay for them ... this is indeed one for the Strataholics ...Check this guitar out now in the showroom of the Nevada Music Warehouse ...